From: Joe
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2005 9:18 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Please Welcome Vlad Stawicki

Welcome aboard, Vlad!

You found automotive style, excellence, & paradise at a very young age.  There are those of us old enough to be your father who wish they would have found these gems at an earlier age.  We showcase the 57's - 59's as "The Finest of the Forward Look" cars on the OIC site;  you have chosen well.

You'll be glad to leave German automotive styling & engineering for some of the best American styling & engineering to ever come out of Detroit though there haven't been too many Imperial owners coverting their cars to a standard shift transmission since the transmissions in these cars are usually (not always) bullet-proof.

First, thank you for serving your country.

Second, congratulations on your new (to you) Imperial.  You'll find a ton of excellent resources on the site to help you in the restoration of your "rolling-work-of-art."  In addition, you'll find 600+ members on the list who will gladly provide suggestions, assistance, advice, even opinions, by simply asking (and many times without even asking) via this list.

Don't forget to take several pictures and send them to the webmonsters who can create a page for you on the OIC site.  Then, you can document each stage of the restoration process as you go along.

Again, congratulations, welcome, and enjoy the ride!

--
Joe
Allen, Texas

From: "Steve B." <imperial59@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>