IML: Please Welcome Vlad Stawicki

New Subscriber(s): Vlad Stawicki
Email Address is: stawickilaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Central CT

Car(s) owned: 1957 Crown 4-door Hardtop(Cloud White with blue leather)

Self-Introduction: High all! I am 19 and am in the USMC. I am currently
stationed in North Carolina. To tell the truth I was first introduced to
Imperials by my search for a 392 Hemi to install into my truck. So I was
looking on Hot Heads for a 392 and found a 57 Imperial that was running with
66000 miles on it in New Hampshire. I called them up and asked how much they
wanted for it. They tell me they want $4500 or B/O and I finally got them
down to $3900. At this point I figured that I could yank the engine and sell
the car for about $1000. For shame! I saw the car and fell in love with it.
I had never before seen a car designed like this. So needless to say I didnt
pull the engine and then sell the body. I pulled the engine and lots of
other parts off to start rebuilding this car. The car when I got it had only
surface rust on the body the crome was almost all great except for the
interior chrome. The interior was for the most part there except all of the
door panels are missing. B nsidered doing a custom interior. The car that I
am currently driving is a 95 Audi A6 with a standard and I have become
hooked on standards. While reading a Mopar Muscle magazine I saw an ad for 5
and 6 speed transmissions for both big and small blocks. I decided to call
them up and ask them if they had a transmission that would fit a 57 Imperial
with the 392. They did! They have a 5 speed that will bolt up to the back of
a 392. So in the end it looks like I will have a 57 Imperial with a
standard, custom interior, and for safety sake 4 wheel disk brakes and
seatbelts.