Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 5:31 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: Anybody buy a PB booster lately?

Say,

My '65 is in the shop for a failed power brake booster. It's one I
bought in 2000 from Autozone. The rebuilder is Cardone and the part
number is 503610. The lifetime warranty is good and Autozone ordered me
a replacement without charge, but when we went to install it it turned
out to be a different shape. That is, the forward end of the old
booster is tapered where the new one is straight. It fits, but barely
clears the valve cover.

I thought it might have been the wrong part in the right box, so I had
Autozone order another which turned out the same.  Apparently Cardone
changed the spec on the booster. The part number has not changed.

Has anybody purchased a booster lately that matches the original
tapered shape? Or had theirs rebuilt? This one will work but it's just
not quite right.

Best,
John Meyer
1965 Crown