RE: IML: Weatherstripping

Dan, and others who need weather-stripping;

Before you buy a pig in a poke, go to www.steelerubber.com and scroll
through their site until you see their on-line catalog.  For some of our
cars (my 67 and 68 4 dr crowns, for example) they have exactly the right
stuff for the roof to door top seal, copied precisely from an original part,
right down to the hole positions and the tapered and shaped ends, and the
correct rubber compounds.   You can search by MOPAR part number, and if they
have it, it will be RIGHT!  I redid all the weather-stripping on my 67
project car with their products. I happened to also find an NOS strip on
eBay and compared the two.  They are precisely alike - but I used the
fresher, newer rubber.  They also have many other rubber items for the cars,
like the hood bumpers, the door bumpers etc.

They are nice folks, they ship RIGHT NOW and they have been in business for
the last 40 years doing only this.

I suspect they are the suppliers to most of the other folks that have been
discussed here.  That would explain the delay for delivery - they order it
in from Steele and ship it to you later!

Dick Benjamin  (if you go to their web page and click on "customer's cars",
then "67 Chrysler" products, you'll see my black 67 Crown sitting there, but
you've seen it in the flesh!)