Re: IML: Please Welcome jesse barboza

Jesse

First let me welcome you to this site.  The items that I am going to say are
to help you in the future, so I hope there is enough to learn on.  Die to the
fact the engine is long gone and now you want to make a car body move down the
hwy.

If you put the Buick power into the Imperial you have just shot yourself in
the re-sale foot.  Many a possible buyer will turn and walk when they see this
power in the Imperial, even though you many have done a very good job...

You stated the car is w/o the motor.  Is the transmission there ???  If this
is so, look for a Chrysler series two 331 cubed engine or  one of the two
follow up Chrysler motors ( 354 or the 392 ).  And while you are looking for a
Chrysler power plant repair or fix the rest of the vehicle as if you was to going
to have the President of the Unite States in this ride.  Back to the motor.
Chrysler made the motor in two-forms ( this also means the 331 was in three
series ).  The Hemi version of each size listed was for upper end cars such as
your Imperial and Chrysler New Yorker's.  For the base level cars they had a
"poly" version head on the motor.  The only other motor that was an era motor
that will look somewhat correct and match to the transmission is De Soto's with
cubes of 330 to 345.  The smaller cousin sized ( W x H x Land weight too )
motor from the De Soto Division will also cost less to find.

A newer bolt in push button alternate other than what is said above is the
Chrysler Corporate motors from 1958 to 1960.  The Corporate motor that you are
to look for is the 383 or the 413.  The  bell-housing of the 383 and the 413 is
a different size than the 330-392 motors.

This may not have been what you wanted to read about at this time but
remember that Betty Crocker has already figured out how to make a cake and we have
done this car stuff also.

Thoughts .....

                                       Rodger & Gabby
                                       Colo Spgs

'47 De Soto Custom w/Fluid Drive & passenger door mounted swamp cooler
'62 Crown Coupe w/std A/C & Auto-Pilot
'66 Le Baron w/dual A/C & reverbed AM/FM
'70 Overlander - InterNational Dbl
'70 W100 w/318, NP 4 Spd, 3:55 & Short Box
'77 D150 w/360, NP 4 Spd, 12 Bolt Axle, OEM Buckets & etc