From: "A. Foster"
Subject: Re: IML: Imperial truck? or Concept
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 22:27:48 -0800

Jeff;
It's curious that my posting only included 1/2 a line about the Pacif@#$
and and a paragraph and a half about a new Imperial yet the respondents
chose to respond about the prior. I find it frustrating to no end why people
seem unable to go beyond skimming the first four lines of a posting before
firing off a response, and a somewhat irrelevent one at that. In mentioning
the Pacif@#$ I was only attempting to point out that it was the closest
thing to an S.U.V or truck that Chrysler has put a higher end label on then
Dodge and it bombed. One can talk it up about what a nice vehicle it is, so
were Edsels, but none of them were racing out of the showrooms. Given this
why would they attempt to market a new Imperial with a lackluster product as
it's base? Again for those that missed it here are my Imperial related
comments from the last posting:
"The only sin that I can point to in Chrysler's latest line-up of cars is
the lack of a two door body style, and perhaps a rag top. If Chrysler were
to bring back the Imperial, the 300 series would be a good base for it as
someone suggested, but with a longer wheelbase. They would also need to
spruce the interior and exterior trim; less cheasy plastic and vinyl with
perhaps wood veneer, metal brightwork, and better quality upholstery. Again
I think that they need a two door body style and perhaps think about
offering a limousine and a rag top. I also think that a revived version of
the split grille and sparrow strainers would clinch it."
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A Left Side tailight bezel and other trim parts.