Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 2:03 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Imperial Concept due at Detroit!

Could be, could be.

The word that I heard 6 months ago from a source inside that I trust was that the Imperial would likely be an SUV.   There has been noise about this for some time prior to the latest that you see below.

I would bet on maybe something as a "lineup" to go against Cadillac, which has both cars and "trucks", so could be both a stretch 300 and maybe something else on a hemi truck chassis?  Perhaps Mercedes has figured out that there is a direction to take in the marketplace that will not negatively affect its other "luxury" brands?  Big RWD 'mericun' cars might be a different niche from  their high-end german lines?  How long since DC bought Chrysler?  How long since the 300C went sales crazy?  How long is a design cycle?  Seems like just enough time has passed since someone may have woken up and smelled the coffee and changed Titanic's design direction to favor the old ways of having a top-to-bottom segmented lineup.

---

Oh, and Neal - when you speculate that there may be a new Riviera and conclude that it will be a 2D as they have always been, keep in mind that the 2D 300 tradition ceased with the re-intro of the 300 line lately, although fewer remembered 300's so I guess that they had greater leeway on that than they might with a better known item like the more recently produced Riviera.

-Kenyon

Chris Hawkins <imperial1966@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Here is the text from the latest Car Connection.Com
website.

Imperial Concept from Chrysler?

While Chrysler has already confirmed that it will have
a Dodge Challenger concept for Detroit, the company's
been considerably more tight-lipped about another
concept that could be on display at Cobo Hall. An
anonymous tip to TCC says a Chrysler Imperial concept
will be shown off in Detroit, reviving the nameplate
for the most luxurious Chrysler vehicles that died
away in the 1990s. Drawn off the 300C body, the
stretched-wheelbase Imperial concept is said to evolve
the 300C in a Rolls Phantom direction-much as the
current 300C has been dubbed the "baby Bentley."

It's about time they went in this direction! I will
be eagerly awaiting the unveiling of this one!

Chris Hawkins
66 LeBaron