Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2005 8:11 AM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: IML: Unleaded gas effects

Good advice, Dick.

My '67 CC has 125k original on it & I'll now bet that a compression check will reveal the cause of that slight, truly out-of-character 'miss' at idle. I've already replaced the plugs, wires & cap to no avail. A valve job, new timing chain & new hardened valve guides should do the trick!

Also, a quick question. The transmission upshifts smoothly, & downshifts to 1st at a stop, however I cannot get into "passing gear" automatically. I've re-adjusted the linkage to factory specs; still no auto-downshift. Band adjustment?

Thanks, Dick.