Re: IML: Imperial & New Yorker of late 80's and '90-'93

Re: IML: Imperial & New Yorker of late 80's and '90-'93

The last year for the M-body was 1989 and they were built at the Kenosha
plant, line #1 (VIN code W)  :

Plymouth Caravelle (Canada) : 202
Plymouth Gran Fury (USA) : 4,985
Dodge Diplomat : 6,429 (US - 6,178 / CDN - 251)
Chrysler Fifth Avenue : 17,454  (US - 14,534 / CDN - 2,920)

The FWD Fifth Avenue and Imperial both appeared for 1990.  They were built
at the Belvidere, IL, plant (VIN code D).  Production for the four years
they were in production :

1990
Fifth Avenue - 44,423
Imperial - 14,986

1991
Fifth Avenue - 44.464
Imperial - 11,601

1992
Fifth Avenue - 37,884
Imperial - 7,643

1993
Fifth Avenue - 29,772
Imperial - 7.057

In 1988 the C-body Dynasty and New Yorker appeared, which caused a bit of
confusion as the New Yorker and New Yorker Landau used the C body (104"
wheelbase) while the New Yorker Turbo used the E body (103" wheelbase).
Both the C and E were stretched platform versions of the 100" wheelbase K
car.

The 1990 Fifth Avenue and Imperial used the Y- body, the C body stretched
five inches (all in the rear doors).

The Fifth Avenue was never built on the original K car body, although the
LeBaron was.

Bill
Vancouver, BC