Re: IML: More Power from EFI 318 or Big Block Swap ?

Re: IML: More Power from EFI 318 or Big Block Swap ?

A good place to start is to change the rear gears from the 2:76 to something like 3:55's. The ring and pinion are the same that is used on the Dakota pick up............have that in my 81. I am using an E58 360 for power as soon as time permits to make the installation. I have seen some big block swaps to the Imperial and using the motor mount conversions it is a bolt in.........ok, except for the exaust manifolds....I have been told that pickup 440 manifold on the drivers side will clear the steering box..........that or use headers.......
Easiest thing to start with is the rear gears.......