Re: IML: iPod to Cassette Adapter

Oh, the puns!

To threaten getting too sidetracked for an Imperial thread, that looks a bit spendy for a casette adaptor that's supposedly "designed" for an iPod...I'd wager it's simply got white plastic to color-coordinate.

For my (not)imperial(exclusive) content...

If you happen to have an Imperial made before casette tapes were popular, fear not!  There is still a way to put an iPod in your car while keeping the stock equipment!  I'd suggest going to a local stereo shop and picking up an FM Transciever.  It's a little box that goes in-line with the antenna, and you give it ignition (switched) power.  On the box are a pair of RCA input jacks for whatever device you'd like to throw at it!  The audiovox units i've used have a problemt with high-end frequency responce, so I'm not sure how you'd all do around the country with what's available.

This, of course, doesn't help you if your Imperial was created before FM radio was popular...

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

-J450n