IML:

Sunday, in my '82, about 45 miles after filling up with some of NJ's finest @ $3/gallon, the "low fuel" started flashing. For those not familiar, this car has the digital display. I was monitoring my gas mileage, hoping to keep it over 20 mpg, I switched from the mpg function to fuel remaining and it stated "0" gallons. All while I'm traveling through beautiful downtown Newark.

I was worried I cut a fuel line and lost all my gas. I checked the range function and it stated "0" miles to empty. Since it'll usually show some gas left and the low fuel first flashes at 2 gallons left, I figured that the float fell off the sender or the gauge malfunctioned somehow. Got to my destination and of course, I shut the car off and turned it on and it has worked normally ever since. Any possible causes or things to look at?

I've had a ton of cars with digital dashes and they have all been rock solid. This is my first ever intermittent problem with one. I'm hoping it was an anomaly. Knock wood.

Rob