IML: Cassette to 8 Track Adaptor

For 8 track users, there are adaptors to cassette that exist and are usually on ebay, The cassette to be played plugs into the adaptor. I found this listing for one tonight:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SPARKOMATIC-STEREO-CASSETTE-TO-8-TRACK-ADAPTOR_W0QQitemZ5811625002QQcategoryZ14999QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've never used one so I don't know how well they work for playing cassettes.

I have used a CD to cassette adaptor in an indash car stereo w/cassette player, and it worked well. CD to cassette adaptors are usually supplied in a portable CD player car kit. One could conceivably use a portable CD player by using the CD to cassette adaptor in the cassette to 8 track adaptor. I'm curious if anyone has tried this.

Eric
Portland, Oregon