Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2005 3:09 PM
Subject: IML: Missing accumulator piston spring in 727

Rushing in where angels fear to tread, I began disassembling a "freshly rebuilt" 727 that I bought a few months ago and stashed in the garage.  When I removed the valve body and the accumulator piston, I discovered the piston spring is absent.  I do not want any so-called performance mods in this transmission, so I need to know where the new spring goes -- on the bottom (toward the valve body) or the top (toward the passenger compartment)?

Thanks and happy motoring,

David

Happy motoring,

David

'91 K-Imperial driver
'66 Crown Coupe project
'66 LeBaron dual air and every option known to man