Re: IML: more on the 68

my best to you as well on your new pride and joy..4 years ago i bought a '74 on ebay; man did i hear from the group that i paid too much; car was not worth it; etc...i still get thumbs up everyday i drive it;every time i pull in for gas even the young kids want to see her up close..funny the new cars I buy which depreciate 50% over 3years don't get the looks; guess i will keep enjoying my overpriced car; I can't seem to put a price tag on something so beautiful....
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2005 7:06 AM
Subject: Re: IML: more on the 68

In a message dated 8/27/2005 11:09:16 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, mann340s@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
If all is as it's supposed to be, the car should be here by mid-week.  Then I can say what I really bought.  I hope I'll be willing to get some photos and a short writeup together for the IML website.

Thanks for asking about it.
I wish you the very best of luck. Two years ago I bought a 68 convert sight unseen from an ad on the internet. I did see a number of photos of the car before I bought it. The guy who sold me the car had what sounded like a legit reason for selling it and during the course of several e-conversations about the car I got kind of a good feeling about the guy. I had the car transported from Ca to LI and I cannot imagine having gotten luckier. The car was well worth the money I spent on it. I hope you have an equally good experience.

Tom