IML: Cool the rhetoric, guys

I don't appreciate the comments some folks are making or the further attempts at humor, either. I think it is legitimate to request that the name given to the 67/68 era is changed. I happen to take the semantics in this case seriously. I'm not about to let anyone call my loaded 58 a stripper just because it isn't a Crown or a LeBaron, so I get the point.

However, there is a need for civility here. My critics can howl at the moon for all I care about their opinions, to be honest. I think it's important never to cede the moral high ground and to argue for your position but it just starts to be silly when it starts to get personal.

As I understand it, in this case the survey is going to be run again and, yes, "Haze Green" will almost certainly be one of the options, and, yes, it just might win again. And, no, you don't have to like it and no, we don't want you to take your toys and go home, either.

I agree the joke isn't funny anymore, but please try to get the perspective correct. Even if you are sure you are correct, it just might not matter. Being right won't make you any more popular or help you win the so called argument. Putting the folks who built and maintain the OIC on a spit and roasting them won't help, either. You may be sure that your car itself doesn't care and you might not yourself in a week's time.

Hugh