Re: IML: 62-63 mag ads

--- ken brather <oef_1947_isf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 what
> mags should i look 4 4 adds i looked yesterday in
> some 1961 life mags 4 imperial adds but found every
> thing but..... seems the imperials were not
> advertised well.

Imperial jumped around alot regarding advertising.

Prior to 1962, which went (almost exclusively) to
Readers Digest, Imperial showed up quite a bit in LOOK
and Vanity Fair.  Later in the 1960's it was TIME.
Prior to that in the 1920's, it was the Saturday
Evening Post.  Magazine formats have changed quite a
bit.  There used to be a good many magazines that were
the format/size of LIFE, but Imperial wasn't ever in
LIFE itself as far as I know.

If you want the ads themselves, I suggest going to
eBay and typing in CHRYSLER IMPERIAL.

Once the search is complete, you can scroll to the
bottom of the page where you'll find a button/script
that will allow you to search that topic in eBay
SELLERS STORES.  You'll find that there are a lot of
items available there that don't show up in the
search, and they are often more reasonably priced and
almost all have buy it now features so that you get
instant gratification.

If you want the entire 1962 ad campaign, I have it
available, and you can contact me off list to discuss
this at imperialist1960@xxxxxxxxx

I'll presume that you've looked at the club website?
Every ad found so far is up there, we're pretty
complete, and some still have the magazine name on
them at the header or footer if you're looking for
clues about where to find them.

Kenyon Wills