Re: IML: what is a "stripper" and what is a LeBaron?

Re: IML: what is a "stripper" and what is a LeBaron?

> Were there any other interior appointments that were
> exclusive to the LeBaron?  What were people paying
> for, over and above the Crown, apart from snob
> value?

> Hugh

'57 - '63 Imperial Customs had vinyl/cloth interiors,
wind-up windows, and manual seat as standard.  Thus
the designation of "stripper".  Stepping up to a Crowm
model got you upgraded seat and door trim with leather
& cloth, power windows, and power seat as standard
equipment.  LeBarons got you even more lavish
upholstery, plus equipment upgrades such as power vent
windows beginning in 1960).  Later LeBarons also got
different roof sheetmetal.  Crowns and LeBarons were
analogous to the Cadillac DeVilles and Fleetwoods,
respectively.

The Custom model was dropped in 1964 - although
mention of it appeared in the 1964 Mopar Parts Book.
The base model in 1964 became the Crown, still leather
and power equipped.  In 67, the Sedan picked up the
theme of earlier Customs (vinyl/cloth interior), but
not the name.

Chris H.

66 LeBaron