Re: IML: Car transport

>From: "Harvey Wells" <harveys68imperial@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: IML: Auto Transportation
>
>I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but FedEx has auto transport and a
>good reputation with its name.  I don't think they'd screw you around if
>there's a problem and I ship with them all the time as far as packages go.
>
>http://autotrans.fedex.com/us/serviceinfo/default.shtml

   A word of caution, here. I ship and recieve for a living, and I've found
that there's FedEx, and then there's FedEx.... I've never had a problem with
regular FedEx, but they also have a service they call FedEx Ground - this
used to be RPS, until they bought it. When recieving goods from FedEx
Ground, I rarely get two packages of a multi-package shipment on the same
day, and the boxes are almost always damaged. Often, the packages have been
re-packed, after the original box was destroyed. It turns out that this
doesn't usually matter, as the things we recieve from them are hard to
damage, but I wouldn't want it to happen to an Imperial.

   I haven't used the FedEx car transport service, so I don't know if
they're good or not - I just wanted to point out that all parts of the FedEx
corporate familiy do not neccessarily live up to the FedEx reputation.

      -Kle.
      '69 Crown 4DHT