IML: 1973 Brake feels firm. Why?

I redid the entire brake system on my 1973.

New calipers/pads, New wheel cylinders/shoes, new soft
lines, new MC, new booster, Dot 5 synth. fluid.

Brakes work, but feel stiff and are sluggish to react,
"as if" the front circuit isn't present and only the
rears are weakly acting, although all 4 corners bled
fine and are therefore presumed to have a clear path
to the MC.

System takes serious physical effort, and previously
would lock up easily with half the energy required
now.

It does not feel as stiff as a failed brake booster,
but just in case, I turned the car off going down a
hill, and did feel the booster fade out, so I "think"
that I've eliminated a failed booster as a potential
problem.  I replaced the booster after driving it in a
failed state a year back and worked great on the "old"
brake system prior to doing everything else recently,
and I know that feel - this isn't it.

Before I go and dismantle everything, anyone got any
ideas or tests?  When the wheels are off the ground,
all 4 will stop if spun individually by hand, so there
is kinetic energy going to all 4 corners, and none of
the soft lines are kinked that I know of, at least as
installed (inspection may reveal otherwise, but I'm
guessing not).

Kenyon Wills