Re: IML: HOW MANY 1960 2DR'S LEFT

--- Longramx2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  another thing I've
> noticed is that while there
> were far fewer convertibles built, there seems to be
> more of them left.

Well, if you are going to spend $20-30k doing a
frame-off, doing a convertible makes the most
financial sense, as you'll spend the same $$/time
either way, but the two paths will yeild either a
$40,000 restored convertible or a $10-$15k restored
coupe.  The market rewards convertibles.

I'm doing a complete redo on my LeBaron, and there is
a significant portion of the collector market that
thinks 4-door cars are an absolute dead end.  - Had
several people vocalize the thought, so there must be
more thinking it.

I'll be the only one in my zip code and one of 4 in 6
million (the Bay Area) that has a 1960, so they can go
fly a kite as far as I'm concerned.

Enjoy your Coupe - it's a special car with subtleties
(sp?) amid the excesses.

Hope that your car IS registered - the Imperial
Registry is a super way to keep on top of that.

Kenyon Wills