IML: Portland Mini-Meet

A couple of weeks ago I posted an invitation for Portland, Oregon Imperialists to gather for an informal meet on a Friday. Well, the meet was held last week and it was great!

Even with short notice and a weekday meeting time, several cars showed up, mostly ones I had never seen. It was a great time to just talk Imperials and make new friends. Eric Ruud, a prolific contributor to this list, was there. Other list members included Bryan St. Mary and Tim Hammerhill. People came from 75 miles away for this!

Altogether, there were five Imperials including Eric's 64 Crown Coupe, Bryan's 64 Crown Convertible, Tim's incredible 68 Crown Southampton, Dave Duthie's gorgeous 64 Crown Convertible and my 61 Convertible. Some of the cars are destined for greatness, some of them are already there.

If you are getting bored with summer, try holding a gathering like this and see what happens. There are Imperials everywhere!

Ken Miller
61 Imperial Convertible (and a 67 convertible that stayed in the garage but would have loved to be there)