IML: 1961 Crown 4D SH Prodigal Brake Pedal

IML: 1961 Crown 4D SH Prodigal Brake Pedal

Evenin' everybody.

Anyone know why a brake pedal won't return after being pushed?  I have been messin' with the brakes on this car for the better part of 9 months and each time I think I have them fixed, something new pops up; this time bein' the fact that the brake pedal doesn't return all the way.  It does return some and I have excellent brakes but it doesn't come all the way back up.

I have replaced the master cylinder with an NOS one.  I have bled the brakes and adjusted the shoes (for the umpteenth time).  Now the pedal doesn't return.

The FSM says, first, "Pedal Return Spring - adjust or replace as necessary;" inspection shows it a little on the rusty side but in good working order with plenty of tension.  Second, "master cylinder - tighten loose mounting bolts;"  I tightened them again this evening, or attempted to.  The were snug.  Third, "brake pedal mounting bracket - adjust bracket and tighten bolts;"  can't figure out how to do this part.

Any thoughts?  Anything else I should check?

As usual, thanks loads in advance for any suggestions or practical experience y'all can share.

Have a great evening.

--
Joe
Allen, Texas