Re: IML: (OT) sort of, 1992 Lebaron convertible

Re: IML: (OT) sort of, 1992 Lebaron convertible

There's a great Lebaron club (I own an 84' T/C Convertible) on Yahoo,
with many, many active members.  The only things that I've noticed
problems with are the 3.0V6's.  It's a Mitsubishi engine, and
personally I don't care very much for any Mitsu product.  They had
seal problems, as I recall reading.  If it has the turbo motor and
you're feeling particularly DIY, I pulled the head on mine and
deshrouded/ported the whole thing (manifolds too) with a dremel, and
it made a WORLD of difference.  Someday I'll try and get it more
volumetrically correct, but for now I think it runs better than any
K-car of that era I've ever heard

--just another word (this goes for any car with the 2.2/2.5 turbo),
always use the Mopar Performance head gasket when you rebuild it.
Allpar and others have said that the Felpro and other organic gaskets
will last you about 2 weeks before they blow, and I believe it.  I got
my car, and about a month and a half afterward my head gasket blew,
and you'd better believe it was organic.  I spent the 30 bucks on a MP
gasket at the dealer, (the Felpro prices out at about 15-20 in my neck
of the woods) and haven't had a bit of trouble with it, and it's been
on for almost 8 months and 15K miles now.  Much better than the one on
it before that supposedly had just been replaced. (Har, har.)

-Jason