kandkoyen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 11:34 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: 67 Crown Door Handle Inserts

sSince the subject of wood-refinishing has come up, I thought I would offer
my expertise and professional knowledge to anyone in the club who needs to
re-do interior wood. I am a custom wood-worker by profession, and I have
also re-veneered the wood in both my 1966 and 1967 Imperials. This was done
with some of an enormous quantity of walnut-veneer sheets that I inherited
somehow, and most of which is still taking up space in my shop. Anyone who
wants enough of this stuff to re-do a '65,'66, or'67 interior is welcome to
as much as he/she would need to do the job. I don't need to make any money
on it since it didn't cost me anything, and I've seen enough rough-looking
wood in Imperials to want to see them properly done. It really isn't a very
difficuld project either-all one needs to do is carefully remove the metal
backing-pieces from the car, scrape off the old cracked and dried-up
veneer,and use contact-cement to apply the new wood . Then use a razor-knife
to trim the new veneer to the shape of the metal backing-piece. Heck, I even
replaced the genuine plastic stuff in my 1969 LeBaron with real walnut!
E-mail me off-list for whatever walnut you need.