Re: IML: EASY DISK CONVERSION IDEA FOR IMPERIALS !!!

Re: IML: EASY DISK CONVERSION IDEA FOR IMPERIALS !!!

I checked my neighbor's 76 ford 4x4 and the caliper bracket mounts behind the bolt on spindle. The bracket is sandwiched between the spindle and knuckle with the spindle bolts passing thru both spindle and caliper bracket. So here's an idea. After a closer look, I dont think the tubular 4x4 spindle is going to be large enough to slip over the imperial spindle.  I would have the imperial spindle milled down till it just fits inside the 4x4s tubular spindle. This will assure that everything is in the correct position. Then simply slip the caliper bracket, and 4x4 spindle over the imperials spindle. Use the 4x4s spindle bolts to align the bracket and weld it all to the imperial knuckle. Bolt on the rest of the ford 4x4 brakes. Now you have disk brakes with the correct lug pattern. I  have yet to check out the jeep set up. It may be an even easier candidate with the correct lug pattern  .