Re: IML: Fuel problems continue.. On 66 Imp >Any great mechanics out the

Re: IML: Fuel problems continue.. On 66 Imp >Any great mechanics out there??

Those symptoms sound as if the sock on the end of the in-tank pick-up tube is collapsing. It happened to me in 1966 on my Formula S Barracuda and I never had a problem once I removed it from the tank. The suction from the fuel pump pulling more gas sucks on the sock and it collapses. After awhile, the pressure releases, the sock opens up and you can drive with the same symtoms coming back.

Sherwood Kahlenberg