IML: 1966 Imperial Crown Coupe-may have to sell

IML: 1966 Imperial Crown Coupe-may have to sell

Sadly, I find myself drinking my morning Java and thinking about selling my
'66 Imperial Crown Coupe. I bought it 4 years ago and since then have seen
my yearly bonus go down, so I am finding it very difficult to continue on
just trying to keep this car running. Since February, it has had a new
transmission put in. The engine still needs work: AC not working, valve
cover gaskets, various seals and hoses need replaced. It runs, but roughly
at the moment. Now I find the gas tank is leaking, at I thought was a drain
plug, but what turns out to be a patch that stopped working. There is some
sediment in the tank, so it either needs a clean replacement or flushed and
sealed. The interior is so so. The driver's seat and center bolster are
torn. The carpet is very tired. The headliner is falling.

The car has what appears to be documented 20k miles, but I have my doubts.
The previous owner did a repaint in black must be 5-7 years ago. Still
shines, but various imperfections here and there. There are a handfull of
body dings scattered about. I have many extra parts in boxes, that I have
picked up on Ebay and from Bob H.

I love my ride, but my 60-80 hr a week job/business plus (recent) single
fatherhood and a steadily decreasing income are squeezing me very hard. I am
tired more than anything. I wanted to work on this car myself, but time and
money are both in very short supply, and emotionally I don't think I can
continue to deal with the endless 'issues' that arise. I live in Columbus,
Ohio. I would be happy to get 3/4 of what I paid plus the cost of the new
transmission, but won't hold my breath.

If there is someone on the list who adores the '64-'66 styling like I do and
can actually do the work themselves, this would be a nice acquisition. OR
maybe someone out there has a bunch of graphics freelance work they need
done so I can afford to keep and maintain my baby (LOL). If seriously
interested, please contact me by email. I am loathe to post it in the
classifieds due to the expereinces others have been having. Ebay will be my
last resort.

This list rocks.