RE: IML: 60-63 and other years? door check straps

RE: IML: 60-63 and other years? door check straps

Joe,

They're not really straps they're metal keepers about 3/4" wide and about 5" long and about 3/16" thick, they are curved and they sit on top of the main door hinges, so that when you open the doors, they catch the door and keep the door from swinging all the way open. The reason I know this, is that a couple of weekends ago when Eric (IML Webmonster) and I went out to Wildcat Wrecking, he showed me a pristine one of those on a '63 and explained how they worked, and how they always seem to wear out or break.

BTW.......... Eric is a WEALTH of Imperial knowledge and one of the nicest most personable people, I have ever met.

Eric..........THANKS for the ride in your AWESOME '64, and I really enjoyed our trip out to Wildcat !!!....... also, I think they cut you a really fair price on those parts, considering how rare they are becoming............and lets get a Portland Imperial gathering set organized this summer !!!!

CHEERS,

Michael Howlett

Boring, Oregon