Re: IML: weird ?behavior running/Bad running '66

Re: IML: weird ?behavior running/Bad running '66

Black smoke usually means a stuck choke/damaged choke pull off, but this is not enough information to give a precise diagnosis.

Is the choke opening? Have you checked the ignition system, verified that the timing chain is good, the plugs are all firing, ignition wires are good/correctly installed, distributor serviced and functioning correctly? Have you checked for vacuum leaks, fuel pump pressure, compression check, carburator condition?

All of the above things in addition to damaged pistons, blown gaskets, burned valves, etc. can cause these types of symptoms. If you can tell us what you have done/has been replaced so far, and what you know to be the condition of things that you have checked, we can narrow this down.

Paul W.