Re: IML: 60 radio

>From: RandalPark@xxxxxxx
>Subject: RE: IML: 60 radio gremlins/gutting radio/vivid memory
>
>The retrofit of new parts inside the old case
>to modernize the original radio is a good alternative.
>
>In this case, though, I would object since the
>1960 Imperial radio was the pinnacle of quality
>am-radio reception. Barring expensive in car
>stereo equipment, and when working correctly,
>these radios sound 100 times better than any all
>tube radio that preceeded them, and much more
>rich and realistic than any all transistor car radio
>that came later.
>
>Paul W.

   It's true, modern car stereos have much poorer AM (especially) and FM
gain than the old ones. Portable recorded music, recorded video, and
sattellite radio have all changed public priorities, and tastes change over
time too - right now the priority seems to be weapons-grade bass
performance.

     -Kle.
     '69 Crown 4DHT