Re: IML: was: 60 radio gremlins/gutting radio/vivid memory/ now loc/dis

Re: IML: was: 60 radio gremlins/gutting radio/vivid memory/ now loc/dis button

The Local button will automatically cause the radio to seek a strong "Local" radio station. The Distance button will do the same for weak or far away staions. The floor button will seek which ever type station corresponds to which ever button was pushed the last time the feature was used.

Other signal seeking radios have a "Wonderbar" with a lever that you move to select "Town" or "Country" stations or, as in 1965 Imperials, Local & Distant stations. I think Imperials started the Loc/Dist buttons in 1957 and ended in 1964. 1960 through 1963 radios look the same and will interchange, but are not mechanically identical. They also have dial colors that match the speedometer and gauge backgrounds.

Paul W.