Re: 1969-1973 LeBaron Roof Stampings; was Re: IML: The Truth About LeBar

Re: 1969-1973 LeBaron Roof Stampings; was Re: IML: The Truth About LeBaron (and not Le Baron)

--- Bill Watson <wwatson5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If you are going to compare roofs, you will need to
> removed the vinyl coverings.  If you did, you would
> find out the steel roof is one piece on the LeBaron

Don't mean to beat this one into the ground, Bill, but
I have removed the vinyl covering on my '71 Imperial
LeBaron (as well as a couple of '73 Imperial LeBaron
parts cars), and I can assure you that there's a big
fiberglass spacer panel there.  Take a look at
http://www.imperialclub.com/Repair/Body/BodyandPaint/ES301.jpg
and you'll see the big pieces of tape that were
installed at the factory over the seams.  The next
picture at
http://www.imperialclub.com/Repair/Body/BodyandPaint/ES302.jpg
shows a piece of the tape removed, and you can see the
seam around the filler piece.
http://www.imperialclub.com/Repair/Body/BodyandPaint/ES303.jpg
is yet another picture with moderately better
contrast, and you can even see one of the screws that
hold the spacer in place.  And here's a picture of
Kerry Pinkerton's '73 Imperial LeBaron that also shows
the spacer:
http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1973/Kerrys73saga/ready4co.jpg

I realize those pictures aren't too great, so I'll be
glad to toddle over to the shop and take a picture of
my '71 Imperial parts car, if needed.

> For example, the part number for the 1972 Chrysler
> 4-door hardtop roof stamping is 3500 630 while the
> Imperial is 2900 116. There no other roof
> pieces listed for the Imperial

Guess they left it out of the parts book.  After all,
how often would they have to replace one of these?
And, as we all know, the parts books are not always
100% correct.

So yes, Virginia, there is a spacer for the rear
window in the '69-'75 LeBarons.  ;o)

Elijah

http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/
http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/bookshelf.htm