1969-1973 LeBaron Roof Stampings; was Re: IML: The Truth About LeBaron

1969-1973 LeBaron Roof Stampings; was Re: IML: The Truth About LeBaron (and not Le Baron)

--- Bill Watson <wwatson5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> that was due to the rear window.  From 1961 to the
> end in 1976 the LeBaron used roof stampings with
> a smaller rear window opening.  No more filler
> pieces and lead filling.

Thanks, Bill, for all of the great information about
the history of LeBaron.  I always enjoy your messages
because I always learn something new.  :)

One minor detail -- the '69-'73 Imperial LeBarons did
use a big filler piece to allow for the smaller rear
window.

The base roof line is visible in this picture of a
1969 Imperial Crown Sedan:
http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1969/FuselageComparison/DSC00916.JPG

The LeBaron window, using a filler piece to allow for
the smaller glass, can be seein in this picture of a
1971 Imperial LeBaron:
http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1969/FuselageComparison/DSC00915.JPG

I believe--but am not positive--that a similar filler
piece was used on the '74 and '75 Imperials, which
used the basic New Yorker/Newport roof stamping.

Thanks again for all the great information!

Elijah

http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/
http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/bookshelf.htm
1965 Imperial LeBaron