IML: '73 Gas Tank vents

Hello List

 I have a question about the gas tank on my '73 Imperial. The tank in the car has four vent tubes. I found a new one on ebay, and purchase it. The only problem is the new one only has two vent tubes. I emailed the supplier, and he said the tank was the same for all the big Mopars in the early 70's.  The vent tubes wouldn't make a difference.

My question is would the vents work okay if I connect a splitter so one tube coming out of the tank would split into two tubes? Then do the same with the other vent. This way all four vent tubes would be connect.

Rich W

'66 Crown

'73 LeBaron

'75 LeBaron