----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric" <gearhead@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
-------<snip>----------
oh and there was that engine fire at the gas station pumps in Salem due to a
backfire through the carb. After advancing the timing a bit to fix the
dieseling and backfiring problem, and after giving my engine compartment a
thick coating of fire extinguisher powder, we were back on the road. A
previous owner had installed an aftermarket air filter cover in place of the
'flame arresting' factory housing. I could see that nothing other than the
air filter and hood pad had burn damage so a resumption of the trip was
ensued after a quick stop to purchase a fire extinguisher, just in case.