Re: IML: plates on the trans mount

All:

Having just spent the better part of a week under the car repairing the parking brake, I can tell you that our '61 does not have metal shims at the transmission mount but the vulvanized rubber mount.

There ARE shims at the center wheel bearing that Mikey, below, alludes to, which, I believe, are used to adjust the drive shaft angle.  I haven't yet finished re-connecting the drive shaft but I am putting everything back just exactly as I found it since prior to the parking brake repair I had no drive shaft/u-joint trouble/noise.

While it is a bear to get to, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the center shaft bearing appears to be in good shape.  It may be possible that someone else has replaced this bearing in the past but I can't be sure.

--
Joe
Allen, Texas