Re: IML: 1960 Imperial. It really began a four year model run.

Re: IML: 1960 Imperial. It really began a four year model run.

Way back in 1960, in elementary school, we learned how to write letters,
including the proper layout for a business letter.  I wrote one to Chrysler
of Canada asking for a copy of each of the brochures for the new 1960
models.

I had already been to the 1960 car show, but I thought, why not mail it
anyway?   So i did.  I received the same brochures I had acquired at the car
show - Valiant, Plymouth,  Dodge Dart, Dodge Polara, DeSoto, Chrysler and
all the Dodge and Fargo trucks, plus one they did not give out - the 1960
Imperial.   Unlike the others, Chrysler of Canada imported not only the
Imperial car, but the brochures as well.   So the Imperial brochure was a
rare treat for me.

The first illustration I saw was the black LeBaron 4-door sedan followed by
the powdered bronze 4-door Southampton photo.   And that dashboard with the
headlamp dimmer and mobile phone!   (One of the reasons the 1960-61 Valiant
is a soft spot with me is its mini-Imperial dash.)

And then came the Crown convertible in regal red with white leather
interior.  That was it.  In my mind, no other car came close to the
Imperial.   Not then, not now.

And I still have that 1960 Imperial brochure.

Bill
Vancouver, BC