Re: IML: the hot starting problem,,,,,,again!!!! - One Answer Dual Fuel

Re: IML: the hot starting problem,,,,,,again!!!! - One Answer Dual Fuel Pumps

Hi to All:  I solved the No fuel in the carb trick (from sitting for months or it could from heat soaking/boil-off) by hooking up an Electric fuel pump in parallel with Mech. one on the Engine. It works like this Both pump inlets go to the tank, & have One 3-Way Valve (Brass with 1/4 pipe size) piped up on the outlet size. The out port from the Valve Goes to the Filet & Carb..  The 3-Way Valve will deadhead the one pump that's in the Off position & let the other one flow. Yes, you to have an Off/On Switch on the Electric one & only run it when it's needed. I use the electric one after the Imperial spent the winter Sleeping in the Garage. And I used it once after draining the gas tank to fix the gas gage sender. The float was full of gas & sank to the bottom. If your Gas Gage don't work you may want to Look at the float before you buy the whole (+$100) unit.
Good Luck & Happy Imperialing!
Dave V.B.
Chrysler Trenton Engine Plant