Re: IML: Do it yourself v. shop was 1961 Parking Brake

Re: IML: Do it yourself v. shop was 1961 Parking Brake

I had a 61 DeSoto in my repair shop last year.  Car wouldn't move.  Troubleshooting found the parking brake locked up.  Disassembly found that the parking brake was completely destroyed.  Nobody had ever disassembled this stuff, at least not in the last 15-20 years that the current owner has had it.   It's hard to say exactly what had failed first, but it had to be a hard part failure.   I wouldn't be too quick to condemn the shop that had worked on it, and it is over 40yrs old.  If you ask them, they should be willing to at least take a look at what you've got and give you their opinion.

Jeff Ruffing
65 Crown convert
Ruffing Automotive Svcs, LLC