Re: IML: 1961 Parking Brake

The shop manual has a very detailed description of how the parking brake is put together. Chances are, even if you had been able to use the adjustment screw to fix the problem, it would have been seized.

To fix it properly, the best thing to do would be to take it completely apart yourself. You can devote the time and patience necessary to do it right. If the shop didn't get it right the first time, I wouldn't trust them to deal with it again, and possibly damage more parts in the process.

Paul W.