Re: IML: 63 carb PCV hose?

My '63 has no spacer to plug into. The PCV hose plugs right over the fitting on the front passenger side of the carb (Carter AFB)....valve goes on the pass. side valve cover.............................can send pics if you like. Alex, 63 Crown

bom tie wrote:
I had the car apart for a long time and now the PCV hose has now where to plug into!!!
Dick gave me the answer to this question, but now I need a photo showing where this hose goes into the carb or intake. I think I must be missing the bakelite plate that was under the carburetor. Can someone send me a photo showing this part and location? THANKS

DICK,s Answer...
The PCV hose can go to any vacuum fitting on the intake manifold.  Sometimes this is on a special heat insulator that is sandwiched under the carburetor,and from the bend in this hose, that could be the case.
Can you find the 1/2 thick or so bakelite plate that was under thecarburetor?  Does it have a hose tube on it? If you can't find it, this hose can go to any other vacuum fitting on the intake - like the one that goes to the power brake unit - you'll have to kludge up fittings until you come up with something that fits.