IML: 1967 (& probably '68) Imperial Window Motors

IML: 1967 (& probably '68) Imperial Window Motors

I haven’t had time to respond to any of the power window posts until now.  I’m replacing the window motors in my ’67 LeBaron.  I told the parts counter guy at AutoZone they were for an ’88 Gran Fury.

They offered a new aftermarket motor, and a reman original motor.  The new motor is made by Siemens, and is a nice piece.  They fit the front doors beautifully.  However, the gear drive section is slightly thicker than the original, and will not clear the rear window channel.  I took back the two rear window motors and got remans.

You will need to cut the connectors off the original motors to use on either of the replacement motors.  The new motors came with butt connectors, but I’ll be soldering & shrink tubing my connections.

I didn’t replace the vent window motors.  They tend to come back to life on their own, or at least mine do.

Rob McCall

’67 LeBaron