Re: IML: 60 build quality vs 57

What does "generic to the basic design" mean?  Most of Chrysler's problem, which the beancounter mentality never faced up to, was their incompetent dealer network.  They were interested only in moving units out the door.  In my 50+ years of ownership I encountered only one competent midwestern dealer service department, at a long gone DeSoto store in Hammond, Indiana.   But I consider that a blessing, too.  It forced me to do my own work.  "Generic to the basic design"?  If they were generic, I would have experienced them, too.  Bad management, bad dealers, yes, but somehow generically good engineering.  Hey, all you quality control guys out there: what is the probability of my never owning a "bad" Chrysler in 50+ years?