RE: IML: Imperials use a LOT of gas, so it does matter where you buy you

RE: IML: Imperials use a LOT of gas, so it does matter where you buy your gas!

From: "Wm. R. Ulman" <twolaneblacktop@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Gas rationing in the 70's & 80's  worked even though we grumbled about it.
It might even be good for us!

Of special note here. Be aware of the brand of gas you do choose to use.
Although some of the above do not import, they DO sell oxygenated gas, or
put ethanol in their gas, which supposedly makes it burn cleaner, but at the
sacrifice of economy! If you drive an Imperial, it will cost you more, so
please check first by reading the pump info. BP/Phillips is a GREAT Brand.
Stick with that, and you will be safe.

In New York City, BP f/k/a Amoco IS oxygenated. 10% ethanol, it says so right on the pump. Imperial content: I just put 12 gallons in my '82 this morning. To be fair I think that during the winter New York requires oxygenated gas and they are SUPPOSED to switch back at some point during spring (with the clocks?). That 10% ethanol sticker is permanent though, so I don't think they do.

Rob