RE: IML: The forward look

Since this is leaving the Imperial Content minimums, I'll try to keep it
short.

If I remember correctly, Stephen King was inspired to write the story based
on a '59 Plymouth his mother owned.  I don't think Mom's car was evil or
homicidal, but it was inspiring.

Also, from what I remember they used up 12 Plymouths for the movie.  I don't
know if they were all Furies or not.  Some later scenes used the same rough
car from the beginning.  You can see the same dents in the upper quarter
panels.

The Fury would have had a Poly motor, not a Hemi.  Plymouth never had an
early Hemi.  Hot Rod Magazine dropped one in a project car then ran it, but
the factory never did.

Yes, that Charger is a nice car.  I wouldn't mind having it in my garage.  I
like the Fury too, but without the possessive and homicidal tendencies.

I haven't heard anything about John Carpenter being a Mopar guy.  I remember
big Ford LTD wagons in the original Halloween, the Checker cab in Escape
from New York, and some other assorted vehicles.  I'll have to pay closer
attention as they pop up on cable.

If it were Don Coscarelli, then yes, he's a Mopar guy.

Rob McCall
'67 LeBaron