Re: IML: ventilated wheels on 65's

This has been discussed before, so others have had the same problem. Some say that it happens due to the stresses of running radial tires.

My experience has been that corrosion from "fix a flat" or just moisture in the tire has damaged the rim from the inside and caused it to leak. I also had one corrode behind a balance weight and make a leaking hole. Try to remember that the cars were never meant to last this long.

You should have your rims checked for structural integrity. If they check out okay, clean them up good and install an inner-tube. The vented rims are necessary to properly cool the brakes. If you have to run without them, try to at least keep vented ones on the front where you need them the most.

Paul