Sent: Saturday, March 05, 2005 12:01 PM
Subject: Re: IML: save this 66 <--demo30derby????

Beaucoups bucks to restore this one. It's a good start, though, with a
well optioned car. Note the rear air vents per previous discussion. Auto
pilot, auto headlight dimmer, both outside mirrors, tilt/telescope, the AM
radio probably has reverb and autoseek. Air cleaner cover is not correct,
snorkel should be round and no ribs on the plate. I think that's a '68 air
cleaner pointed in the wrong direction.

I'm always wary when I see a tow hitch.  Trans may have seen a lot of hard
miles.  The thing with the fins in the engine compartment on the passenger
side, is that an aftermarket trans fluid cooler?.  Another red flag is new
tires.  How do you know the wear pattern if they're new?

And if he drove that car from Florida to Iowa, what's that thing hanging
from the rear bumper?  A third brake light?

It's a good looking money pit for the right buyer.  Sheet metal and
mechanicals, no problem.  Exterior looks like an easy redo.  The interior
will destroy your budget.

-- David

Mike Pittinaro
<mechimike@xxxxxxxxx> To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: cc:
ialclub.com

03/05/2005 08:25 AM Please respond to mailing-list

Just to give everyone a heads up...thank goodness the seller has a reserve on this car. Solid and restorable, though the interior is pretty ugly, IMHO. If it gets above the reserve and Mr. demo30derby still has designs on it, I hope the "Imperial Collective" will save it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43905&item=4533193003&rd=1

Item 4533193003 in case the link won't work.

--Mike Pittinaro

Beautiful Boxcar
American Grandeur and
Danish modern Style