IML: Carb problems or what

Hi all, my newly restored 65 is having a rough time with the carb and idle and I hope some of you experts can help.  The shop put on an Edelbrock 600 something series carb and did many adjustment per the Edelbrock folks but I'm having a hard time with it after the car has sat overnight.  I pump it a couple of times and then it starts right up but then dies very quickly and then takes a long series of cranking before it will go.

Also, once warm, the car idles roughly.  The plugs, plug wires, points and distributor cap are all new.  The rough idle feels like it's missing.  I don't know if these things are related  but I sure would appreciate some tips.

She sure is great to drive.  After almost 3 years I'm having a ball with the car.  I get lots of thumbs up and smiles.

Casey
65 Crown 4 dr   "Clairee"