Re: IML: '66 Imperial w/ Original Triple Band W.W. Tires!/Dreamland

Re: IML: '66 Imperial w/ Original Triple Band W.W. Tires!/Dreamland

There was a lot like that in still business here in Seattle in the early '70s. They had not sold a car since 1957, but they still came in everyday. I had the privlidge of speaking to the owner. I think the place was called Walkner Pontiac. He had decided to sell DKW's and still had a few on the lot with less them 10 miles each after over 15 years. The car I was interested in was a black '55 Pontiac Convertible, but that is a story for a different car club.

Interestingly, it was on a walk past that place a few days later that I saw my '62 LeBaron. It was on a lot down the street. It had ended up there after it had been traded in on a new Ford LTD by its original owner, wholesaled out, detailed, and set out on that lot. It was still not meant to be mine though, until it turned up again several more years later. Our own Eric from the IML found it on a street corner. That's also another story that has been written and can be read in the OIC Web site.

Paul